Zucchini polenta & cheese muffins
Posted by Katie Brown, 02-Mar-2022
As we move into the cooler weather you’ll love baking these savoury treats – thanks to our Tassie rep, Natalie Purden for the recipe!
- 1 cup plain flour ( I use gluten free self raising & add 1 table tapioca flour)
- 1 cup instant polenta (Marco Polo brand is a good texture)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried basil (or fresh if you have it!)
- 2 medium zucchinis, 320 to 350 grams thermied speed 5.5 or grated.
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, ricotta or mozzarella grated
- 1 cup rice milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 175-180°C.
- Chop zucchini in Thermomix speed 5 (or high speed blender) until grated texture (or grated). Put aside.
- Add flour, polenta, baking powder, basil and salt & combine reversed speed 3. (or mix with wooden spoon in a bowl)
- Add cheese, egg & rice milk until just combined – avoid over mixing.
- Add zucchini & mix reverse speed 3 until just mixed (or mix with wooden spoon)
- Spoon 1/4 cup sizes evenly into greased 24-hole muffin tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and cooked through.
These can be frozen or eaten straight away!