Instructor: Jeff Lou
Dr Jeff Lou is a key presenter who started a yoga and meditation practice with his mother as a child more than 30 years ago. Over this time, he has studied and practiced extensively in styles such as Hatha, Ashtanga, Jivamukti, Yin, Anusara and Vinyasa. Jeff is a registered Chinese Medicine Doctor with the Ministry of Health in the People’s Republic of China, he also holds a PhD in TCM from the top Chinese Medicine research institute in the world (CATCM). In addition, he is a principal lecture with the IFA for Aromatherapy and Massage.
Who should attend
Yoga teachers and practitioners who wish to explore the Oriental Energetic Map to broaden their understanding of the Energetic Layer of the body and the use of Qi Gong breathing/meditation and pressure points in a yin posture.
Previous Yin yoga Training is recommended to have been undertaken prior to training.
With a focus on the tools that would be useful to a Yin yoga teacher, this weekend workshop introduces the concepts of:
- Yin and Yang
- The 5 elements
- 6 hand and 6 foot Meridians
- Ren and Du meridians
- Diagnosis in Oriental Healing
- Treatments in Oriental Healing
- Chi Gong breathing and meditation in Yin Yoga
- Acupressure in Yin Yoga
Structure of the Weekend Workshop
- 14 hours of weekend contact hours of practice, discussion and creative exploration of cues and safety aspects of 26 yin postures with appropriate
qi gong breathing, meditation and acupressure points
- 3 hours – Online lectures (Certificate of Completion only)
- 6 hours self-study workbooks to include reading, practice, preparation to optimise the weekend workshop (Certificate of Completion only)
- 2 hour open book written assessment (Certificate of Completion only)