International Diploma Yoga Teacher Training
Total Hours: 460
10 study weekends + 6-day residential
This International Diploma Yoga Teacher Training course is an integration of yoga’s classical teachings based on the various yoga paths and traditions of yoga. The International Yoga Teachers Association does not have a guru, or owner. It embraces many traditions acknowledging that ‘many paths lead us up the mountain’. This inclusive approach creates a solid and stable foundation for student teachers to develop their own style of expression and teaching of yoga.
Graduates of this course are respected and acknowledged as some of the best yoga teachers around the world. IYTA teachers can be relied upon to deliver a well structured yoga class with strict adherence to safety and respect for students – whether beginners or advanced.
Diploma course overview: by Amy Seal (Course Manager)
This course covers 460 hours of yoga teacher training which include the following units of study:
- Anatomy and Physiology – body systems, corrections, sequencing and safety
- The Subtle Physiology of Yoga – subtle energy systems, chakras, energy flow, Prana, the breath
- Philosophy, Ethics and Lifestyle – history and traditions and applying yoga principles in everyday life
- Techniques – interactive sessions including study of postures, meditation, breathing techniques, movement, limbering, mudras and mantras
- Teaching Methodology – principles of effective teaching, how to prepare, design and present a balanced yoga class
- Integrative Practice and Teaching Practicum – how to deliver a well-structured, safe, flowing yoga class
- Yoga Business – what is required as a registered yoga teacher and what is required to set up and run a yoga business
- Specialties – pre and post natal, seniors, back care, children.
- Personal homework (yoga classes and reading) related to the course.
- Journalling and class observations
All student will receive the IYTA Yoga Teacher Training Asana Handbook.
Duration and Delivery
The IYTA International Diploma of Yoga Teacher Training is 460 hours of training over a 12-month period.
- Face-to-face Students: view all course material via our online learning system and attend one study weekend per month (February to November, 8.30am – 5.30pm, Saturday and Sunday) in Crows Nest, Sydney.
- Distance Education Students (now with *LIVE* streaming): view all course material via our online learning system PLUS the option of viewing the study weekends via live streaming. Stay connected and up-to-date with your studies in real-time.
Note: Face-to-face AND Distance Education Students will receive copy of all lecture videos two days post study weekend. A six-day Residential is mandatory for all students to attend in person.
IYTA OPEN DAYS – Free Events!
Interested in learning more about our Foundation Yoga Studies (70 hr) Course or our signature Diploma of Yoga Teacher Training (460 hr) course? Our open day sessions are run in an informative, friendly and safe environment. Visit our Events page for more information on our upcoming open days
The Curriculum and Faculty
The Curriculum is based on the classical teachings of Hatha Yoga. The International Yoga Teachers Association has one of the most experienced yoga faculties in the world, with 20 experienced lecturers. IYTA lecturers are chosen based on their experience as Yoga teachers (with Diploma and post graduate qualifications) as well as expertise in their respective yoga subject area.
IYTA lecturers are not just good yoga teachers, they are great lecturers. Their yoga training draws from a broad range of lineages including: Dru, Iyengar, Satyananda, Vinyasa, Yin, Oki-Do, Bikram, Ryoho and Yoga Therapy. Many have additional qualifications in Physiotherapy, Counselling, Adult Education, Psychology, Law, Nursing, Midwifery, K-12 Teaching, Arts, Engineering and as well as university or TAFE lecturing.
Every unit of the International Diploma of Yoga Teacher Training is structured with clear learning outcomes and these learning outcomes are tested with an assessment for each category of the curriculum. Assessments are marked with very high standards, expectations for referencing and research clearly demonstrated. The practical assessment is an opportunity to prove to the IYTA Faculty that students are truly ready to teach. A high standard is expected as would be warranted with this world-class Diploma.
As a Graduate you will:
- receive an International Diploma of Yoga Teaching and we’ll send you an IYTA company sealed yoga teacher training certificate to display;
- be respected and acknowledged as one of the best trained yoga teachers, anywhere in the world;
- be able to design and deliver safe, well structured yoga classes – in any environment – as a relief or regular Yoga Teacher;
- qualify as a Full Yoga Teaching Member of the International Yoga Teachers Association;
- with Full Membership, will be listed under “Find a Teacher” on the IYTA Website and can have your own web page – hosted on IYTA for free!
- with Full Membership, have access to minimum of 10% off further training with IYTA, FREE monthly CPD video access, Insurance discount (see membership benefits for full list of benefits).
Next Intake: 2021 – OPEN for Applications from 15th July
- February 13 & 14
- March 13 & 14
- April 10 & 11
- May 1 & 2
- May Residential 20 – 25
- June 19 & 20
- July 17 & 18
- August 14 & 15
- September 11 & 12
- October 9 & 10
- November 13 & 14
DYT 2021 Pricing
PaymentsExclusive offer $750 off will be applied to Early Bird price below till 18-12-2020. Note due dates.
Total Course Investment(the deposit and residential food and accommodation is *included* in these prices).
this payment must be paid in full by 18-Dec-2020 to qualify for Early Bird
full payment due by 25-Feb-2021
paid by 10 x $795 equal Instalments first instalment due by 25-Feb-2021
|Please note: A deposit of $500 must be paid initially to secure your place. The 6 day residential (accommodation and food) is INCLUDED in the total course investment. Don't miss IYTA's exclusive offer of $750 off the early bird rate. Be sure to sign up ASAP to take advantage of this offer (expires 18th December 2020). That's a total saving of $1450 off the full cost of the course! |
What others say:
I would like to express my gratitude in the efficiency of how IYTA is run. All questions I had over the last year were answered quickly and reassuringly and the efficiency in the time frame of receiving assignments and exam results has been amazing and wonderful. Thank you to you and to all the others involved in making this course a very enjoyable and nurturing way to study and grow. Looking forward to more future studies with IYTA.