The Foundation Yoga Studies Course is designed for students interested in pursuing knowledge and a deeper understanding of yoga and and in particular yoga philosophy. This online course is offered as an introductory course towards the full course IYTA Diploma of Yoga Teacher Training.
Yoga Teacher Training – Foundations – Online or Face-to-face
Total Hours: 70
Online or Face-to-face
Choose from the following two enrolment options:
- Option 1: Online Student This option is available throughout the year. All course content and workshop videos are presented via our online learning system. The Course Manager provides full support and you are welcome to contact the Lecturers with any questions along the way. We recommend you finish the course in a period of 3 months to keep the consistency in learning. There is a maximum of 6 months to complete this course.
- Option 2: Face-to-face/Distance Education Student (recommended for entry into the 2022 Diploma of Yoga Teacher Training course) This option is available at the start of February each year and runs for 3 months. You will have the option to join the Diploma students for the first two study weekends at the start of the year (February 12-13, March 12-13, 2022). The course is held at Crows Nest and runs from 8.30-5.30pm on Saturday and Sundays. All course content is presented via our online learning system. If you are unable to attend the study weekends, you can watch the lecturers via LIVE streaming or video recordings. The Course Manager and the Lecturers provide full support.
The Course comprises:
- Yoga Philosophy including: history of yoga, classic paths of yoga, Raja yoga
- Teaching Methodology including: introduction to Hatha yoga, foundation teaching skills, introduction to vinyasa, relaxation techniques
- Practical Asana including basic alignment of postures
- Yoga Anatomy and Physiology for asana postures
- Pranayama and Meditation – the yogic techniques of breathing practices and meditation
Option available when joining the Foundation Yoga Studies Course:
- This Certificate provides 70 accredited hours toward the complete International Diploma of Yoga Teacher Training course, if you go on to complete the Diploma within two (2) years. Note: the Diploma of Yoga Teacher Training course is fully accredited. It is registered with Yoga Alliance (International) and Yoga Australia.
Course cost covers:
- Lecture notes and video of each study topic
- IYTA Asana handbook of 84 main yoga postures – Sanskrit and English, includes modifications and sequencing in and out of postures
- Submission and marking of Assessments in relation to these study topics (optional)
- Free mentor assistance
Is this yoga teacher training course right for you? We hold several open days per year for potential students to join us for a Q&A session with faculty members, a free yoga class and to talk to current students. These open days are run in an informative, friendly and safe environment. Open days can be found on our IYTA yoga events and workshops page.
As a Graduate you will:
- have a deeper understanding of the Philosophy and teachings of yoga, including yoga history, yogic paths and the technique of relaxation
- know yoga anatomy for asana postures
- understand asana practice including basic alignment of postures
- understand Pranayama – the yogic techniques of breathing practices
- receive a Certificate of Completion