A deliciously moist teacake that never fails to impress and delight. This recipe is from Angie Cowen’s Love Life & Gluten Free and has been submitted by our ACT Rep, Katrina Hinton
- 2 1/2 cups almond meal
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup rice malt syrup
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 5 organic eggs
- 2 cups frozen organic mixed berries
- Preheat over to 180 degrees C and line a medium rectangle cake tin with baking paper.
- Set aside.
- Mash bananas in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add eggs and beat well with a fork till creamy and light.
- Add almond meal, desiccated coconut, coconut cream and rice malt syrup. Mix well.
- Tip contents into prepared cake tin and sprinkle with frozen berries.
- Bake in oven for 45-60 minutes or until the cake is cooked in the centre.
- Leave to cool in tin, then carefully lift out and cut into squares.