2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon powdered unflavored gelatin
Vegetable oil, if unmolding the panna cotta
1 cup lactose free Greek yogurt
1 cup lactose free cream
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Place the water in a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatine over the water and set aside
- Pop a few drops of vegetable oil on a piece of paper towel and lightly coat the inside of four 180ml ramekins (or small glasses). Otherwise, you can leave them uncoated and eat from the ramekin.
- Place the sugar and 1/2 cup of cream in a small saucepan over low heat and bring to a simmer, stirring once or twice to dissolve the sugar, about three minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Place the yogurt and the other 1/2 cup of the cream in a medium bowl and whisk to combine; set aside.
- Add the gelatine mixture and whisk to dissolve into the warm cream. Pour this mixture into the bowl of Greek yogurt and whisk until smooth.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the ramekins or glasses. Cover and refrigerate at least four hours or overnight.
- To serve your panna cotta, bring a small saucepan of water to a simmer, and dip the bottom of one of the ramekins or glasses into the water for five seconds. Place a serving plate on top of the ramekin and turn upside down, shaking gently to help it ‘fall’ out. If it does not fall out easily, return to the warm water bath for another couple of seconds, or gently slide a knife down the side of the ramekin to make a little air pocket to help it slide out
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.