Sour Cream Date Scones
Posted by Katie Brown, 24-Aug-2021
When our ACT IYTA rep, Martha Luksza was in lockdown she decided to cook up a storm with some left over sour cream… the resulting scones didn’t last too long with her three teenage sons and husband in the house, which is why there are only two scones in the photo!
- This recipe has been modified by Martha but was originally published on the best recipes website
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cup self-raising flour sifted
- 2 tbs milk to coat
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Mix sour cream and cold water together.
- Sift flour (you could use whole meal) into a bowl and make a well in the flour.
- Add the sour cream mixture and gently stir mixture until combined. Then add chopped dates.
- Knead dough gently on a floured surface.
- Roll out dough until 2.5 cm thick.
- Cut out scones and put on a lightly greased oven tray
- Brush scones with milk and bake for 10-12 minutes.
If you have a household with hungry teenagers like Martha, then the advice is to make double the batch and freeze any leftovers (not that there are likely to be any!)
Feeling in the mood for more baking? Why not try these tasty Chia, Banana and Date Muffins