Teacher Events Listing
TRAUMA SENSITIVE YOGA WORKSHOP FOR YOGA TEACHERS
Dates are available in Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane
In this one day training workshop you will :
- Participate in a trauma sensitive yoga class
- Understand how yoga impacts on the neurobiology and physiology of trauma
- Discover a new way to understand the nervous system
- Explore the The Zone of Tolerance and its relationship to working with clients in trauma recovery
- Emotional disregulation – recognition and management of disregulation in both yourself and your clients via working with breath and physical practice.
- Discover which yoga practices are soothing and which practices are more likely to trigger reactions in a trauma sensitive yoga class
- Explore how language , the teaching environment and you can impact on a safe environment for clients in trauma recovery
- Discuss how to start a trauma sensitive class in diverse settings and how TSYA can assist you in establishing classes
Who Should Attend:
Yoga Teachers – this workshop assumes that the attendees are qualified or soon to be qualified yoga teachers who are interested in trauma sensitive yoga. Participants will receive a certificate of attendance to this one day workshop.
- Adelaide : Sunday March 21, 2021 – 9.30am-5.00pm
- Melbourne : Sunday April 11, 2021 – 9.30am – 5.00pm
- Sydney: Sunday June 27, 2021 – 9.30am – 5.00pm
- Brisbane: Sunday August 1, 2021 – 9.30 – 5.00pm
Cost: $220, Early Bird $195
With facilitators Annabel McLisky and Shirley Hicks
For more information and to book follow this link: Trauma Sensitive Yoga Australia
FOREST DWELLER WORKSHOP in Bellingen NSW
Date: 9th-11th April 2021
Walk the path into the forest and join with others who are ageing consciously – a workshop for those aged 50+. Set in the beautiful Bellingen Belfry Guest House.
Mantradharma has experience living as a forest dweller both in the community and at an ashram in Australia. She made the decision 7 years ago to give up her home, possessions and worldly engagements to go and live a simpler and less cluttered life at Mangrove Mountain ashram.
She has recently returned to living on the far South Coast of NSW and is re-establishing herself in community life while aiming to put into practice the insights she has gained while living at Mangrove. This has inevitably brought new challenges. Mantradharma is dedicated to sharing her insights with others and to inspire them to live more simply and consciously.
Known in yogic philosophy as Vanaprastha or Forest Dweller – a time when a person retires to the forest & gradually gives up worldly life to focus on their inner, spiritual world. Of course, for those of us living in modern times, it is not feasible or desirable to fully retire from life. This retreat will focus on how we can integrate our intentions to focus on our inner needs while maintaining a commitment to our external obligations.
Cost: IYTA Members price is Earlybird $540 (1st April), then from $570 with price depending on accomodation choice.
Contact Alison Mac Taggart/Mantradharma 0400 804 997
For more information and to book please follow this link to Live Life Well website
MERIDIAN FOR HEALTH in Singapore – Zoom Online
Dates: 13th, 15th, and 20th April, 1:00pm – 3:00pm Singapore time
Dr. Jeff Lou is a registered doctor/therapist in other modalities like Acupuncture, TCM, Shiatsu, Remedial Massage, Spiritual Healing and Aromatherapy based in Australia. Dr. Jeff is a Senior Teacher Training Faculty of the International Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) of Australia
What will you learn?
- Basic principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine – Yin and Yang, 5 elements framework and 6 Evile in TCM
- Relationship between Essence, Qi, Blood, Fluids
- 5 Elemental Constitution
- Identify the pathway of the meridian lines, and their relationship to various aspects of human health
- Using food to maximise our wellbeing within the 5 elemental framework
Cost: SGD 190/-
With Yoga Library and Dr Jeff Lou
For more information and to book please go to: Yoga Library Workshops
GENTLE YOGA & MANDALA ART WORKSHOP in Narrabeen NSW
• Sunday 30th May 2021
• Sunday 22nd August 2021
• Sunday 28th November 2021
We explore the gentle movement of yoga to relax the body and explore the peaceful practice of mandala art meditation to calm the mind. A blissful workshop to unwind and reconnect.
You will experience:
- Gentle yoga practice
- Mandala Art meditation (mandala watercolour painting – silent meditation practice)
- Calming breathing techniques
- Mindful guided meditation (Yoga Nidra)
- Tea, coffee & nourishing refreshments
- Small group setting, COVID safe space
- All levels welcome
*** No previous experience required for yoga and meditation practice – all levels are welcome. We have made sure to follow all COVID codes and practices.
Narrabeen Lakes Tramshed – Lakeview Hall – 3hr Workshop
2:30pm – 5:30pm
With Francesca Morgante
For more information and to book please follow this link to My Yoga Lifestyle website
WEEKEND YOGA RETREAT in the Blue Mountains NSW
Date: Friday-Sunday 23-25 July 2021
Feeling like getting away for the weekend, change up the scenery and treat yourself to so wholesomeness inside and out?
Come and join me for a relaxing, nourishing & energizing weekend! Enjoy the beautiful landscapes down through the valleys and mountain ranges of the Blue Mountains – with daily yoga practices to strengthen, open, relax and restore your mind, body and spirit, delicious home cooked meals, meditation, pranayama, mantra, bush walks, relaxation and guided discussions exploring what lies within and at the heart of yoga.
Connect back to your true nature – rested, calm and peaceful.
Small group of (12) Spacious and safe…
Cost: From $950 everything included
Join Terri Montgomery at Vanam Eco Retreat, Mt. Victoria
For more information and to book please go to: Yoga Fit – Yoga Retreat