Teacher’s Events Listing
YIN YOGA BREATH AND MEDITATION WORKSHOP in Avalon NSW
Date: 6th and 7th March 2021, 1.00pm-3.00pm
The Sweetness of Late Summer
A seasonal yin workshop for balance and harmony with Late Summer The Earth Element
Focus: the heart meridians reducing stress, fatigue and burnout through balancing and harmonising practices reduce tensions and anxiety returning the greater calm of heart mind connection. A gentle journey into the heart and meditative aspects of yoga. The slow gentle nature of yin practice heals and restores at a deep level.
Everyone is welcome.
Venue: Avalon Yoga Co-op, Bookings Only
m: 0414 579 446
TRAUMA SENSITIVE YOGA WORKSHOP FOR YOGA TEACHERS
Dates are available in Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane
In this one day training workshop you will :
- Participate in a trauma sensitive yoga class
- Understand how yoga impacts on the neurobiology and physiology of trauma
- Discover a new way to understand the nervous system
- Explore the The Zone of Tolerance and its relationship to working with clients in trauma recovery
- Emotional disregulation – recognition and management of disregulation in both yourself and your clients via working with breath and physical practice.
- Discover which yoga practices are soothing and which practices are more likely to trigger reactions in a trauma sensitive yoga class
- Explore how language , the teaching environment and you can impact on a safe environment for clients in trauma recovery
- Discuss how to start a trauma sensitive class in diverse settings and how TSYA can assist you in establishing classes
Who Should Attend:
Yoga Teachers – this workshop assumes that the attendees are qualified or soon to be qualified yoga teachers who are interested in trauma sensitive yoga. Participants will receive a certificate of attendance to this one day workshop.
- Adelaide : Sunday March 21, 2021 – 9.30am-5.00pm
- Melbourne : Sunday April 11, 2021 – 9.30am – 5.00pm
- Sydney: Sunday June 27, 2021 – 9.30am – 5.00pm
- Brisbane: Sunday August 1, 2021 – 9.30 – 5.00pm
Cost: $220, Early Bird $195
With facilitators Annabel McLisky and Shirley Hicks
For more information and to book follow this link: Trauma Sensitive Yoga Australia
FOREST DWELLER WORKSHOP in Bellingen NSW
Date: 9th-11th April 2021
Walk the path into the forest and join with others who are ageing consciously – a workshop for those aged 50+. Set in the beautiful Bellingen Belfry Guest House.
Mantradharma has experience living as a forest dweller both in the community and at an ashram in Australia. She made the decision 7 years ago to give up her home, possessions and worldly engagements to go and live a simpler and less cluttered life at Mangrove Mountain ashram.
She has recently returned to living on the far South Coast of NSW and is re-establishing herself in community life while aiming to put into practice the insights she has gained while living at Mangrove. This has inevitably brought new challenges. Mantradharma is dedicated to sharing her insights with others and to inspire them to live more simply and consciously.
Cost: Earlybird $540
Contact Alison Mac Taggart/Mantradharma 0400 804 997
For more information and to book please follow this link to Live Life Well website
GENTLE YOGA & MANDALA ART WORKSHOP in Narrabeen NSW
• Sunday 30th May 2021
• Sunday 22nd August 2021
• Sunday 28th November 2021
We explore the gentle movement of yoga to relax the body and explore the peaceful practice of mandala art meditation to calm the mind. A blissful workshop to unwind and reconnect.
You will experience:
- Gentle yoga practice
- Mandala Art meditation (mandala watercolour painting – silent meditation practice)
- Calming breathing techniques
- Mindful guided meditation (Yoga Nidra)
- Tea, coffee & nourishing refreshments
- Small group setting, COVID safe space
- All levels welcome
*** No previous experience required for yoga and meditation practice – all levels are welcome. We have made sure to follow all COVID codes and practices.
Narrabeen Lakes Tramshed – Lakeview Hall – 3hr Workshop
2:30pm – 5:30pm
With Francesca Morgante
For more information and to book please follow this link to My Yoga Lifestyle website