Yoga for Menopause with Katie Brown
CPD Points: 3
When: 9.00am - 12.00pm, Sunday, 18 Jul 2021
Where: Crows Nest Community Centre, 2 Ernest St, Crows Nest
Discover how yoga can help support the mind and body through peri and post menopause. In this workshop Katie Brown will lead you through yoga sequences, breathing practices, massage techniques and energy flows designed to help manage and alleviate common menopausal symptoms, promote hormonal balance and create a positive mindset during this major life transition.
What this workshop will include
- A yoga for menopause class
- Restorative yoga poses for peri and post menopause
- Information on how specific yoga and pranayama practices can help with common menopausal symptoms
- A guided relaxation for harmonising hormones
- A basic understanding of how yoga can help ease common menopausal symptoms
- The ability to run a yoga class or create a personal yoga practice for menopause
Benefits of attending
- Share stories, connection and advice with a supportive group of women
- Explore beneficial practices for this major life transition physically, mentally and emotionally learn moves and practices that will help both professionally and personally
Lecturer: Katie Brown
Katie has been teaching yoga continually for 20+ years – she specialises in women’s health and is now post-menopausal having experienced almost all the common menopause symptoms first-hand!
She lectures on the IYTA’s Diploma of Yoga Teaching, has written the presents the IYTA’s Restorative Yoga training, is a qualified massage therapist, birthing assistant, author and health writer.