Motherhood and the Journey through the Chakras with Patricia Wigley
CPD Points: 3
When: 1.00pm - 4.00pm, Saturday, 08 May 2021
Where: Online - Zoom
A special workshop for mothers day weekend.
In this workshop on the chakras we will explore the inherent potential of the chakra system and how it relates to us each individually.
The chakras are maps for charting our journey through life situated in the core of our being. We should get to know these way stations on this inner central line of connection between heaven and earth.
We will visit the archetype of the mother in all its facets. Earth mother goddess and both positive and negative aspects of the mother archetype as seen by modern psychology (Jung) and in traditional literature and myth (eg fairy godmother and wicked stepmother). And explore how these relate to the chakras.
We will also touch on other classic archetypes such as the hero, teacher, healer and visionary and how they relate to the mother archetype.
What this workshop will include:
- We will combine asana with pranayama practices, and contemplation (dharana) practices,
- We will connect with our core energy, which is that inner central line of connection between heaven and earth and its way stations.
- Learn tools for bringing us back into balance on all levels, physically, physiologically, mentally and emotionally.
- The use of sound is an important component. We will be using mantra to access, balance and harmonise the centres.
- We will consider 4 basic archetypes which are connected with the chakras that we all can identify with, how we can utilise their weaknesses and enable our strengths.
- Understand these organisational centres for receiving prana, assimilating, storing our impressions and experiences for better expression of life force energy.
Benefits of attending:
- Connecting with our physical body , emotions, our purpose and gateway to higher consciousness,
- We will enter our inner world to better align with our outer reality.
- We can make use of practices to help keep our energy balanced, in these present times of uncertainty and into the future for grounding, balance and resiliency.
This workshop will NOT be recorded.
Lecturer: Patricia Wigley
Before qualifying in Yoga Therapy with Yoga Therapy Australia in 2013, Patricia taught Yoga and Ayurveda for many years in her own classes and workshops, in the corporate sector and also for the IYTA Teacher Training Course.
Yoga Therapy now forms a major part of Patricia’s focus whether it is with small groups, workshops, classes or individual sessions. Ayurveda is still also integral to her teaching.
Patricia gratefully acknowledges all her past teachers who have inspired her on the Yoga path, especially those from the Desikachar tradition, and her students from whom she learns every day.
To attend this online workshop you will need:
- a reliable internet connection
- the ability to join a zoom meeting
- this workshop is open to non-teachers as well as teachers