An End to Stress & Anxiety in Kids – The Yoga Therapy Solution with Loraine Rushton
CPD Points: 2
When: 1.00pm - 3.00pm, Saturday, 31 Jul 2021
Where: Online - Zoom
Do you know or teach children & teens that suffer from stress and anxiety? Or are simply dealing with many of the issues that children and teens are facing today? Would you like a simple, practical and highly effective solution? Yoga therapy has been helping with these issues for 1,000’s of years and can help the children and teens in your life too!
Learn how meridian-based yoga therapy can make a profound difference with some of the biggest health and wellness issues that children and teens are facing today.
In this session, we’ve selected one of the most prevalent issues – Stress & Anxiety – that children are dealing with today and will show how it can be addressed on a physical, mental and emotional level with yoga therapy.
You will learn the specific corrective exercises, breathing exercises, relaxations and personal development exercises that really work and have the opportunity to experience them in the session.
- Top 10 Yoga Therapy exercises for Stress & Anxiety
- Top 3 Breathing exercises that help children eliminate anxiety quickly
- Relaxations that target to soothe a child’s nervous system
- Understand how meridian-based yoga therapy works on a physical, mental and emotional level
- Articulate the difference between yoga therapy and traditional asana
- Experience yoga therapy provides and feel it work.
- Learn how to integrate meridian-based yoga techniques into your class structures with different age groups
- Be prepared to get started right away with your own lesson plan
Who should join? It is important to know how to help children and teens with the physical, mental and emotional health challenges that you will see in every class. This workshop is for anyone who wants to impact the lives of children and/or teens through yoga.
Lecturer: Loraine Rushton
Loraine is founder and director of Zenergy Yoga and a leading authority on yoga for children and teens. Over the past 25 years, she’s spent over 20,000 hours teaching 1000’s of kids of all ages. She has trained thousands of yoga teachers, school teachers, parents and others who work with children throughout the world on how to teach yoga in a way that is meaningful, impactful and fun.Loraine authored the standards for Children’s Yoga in Australia and is the Chairperson of Yoga Australia’s Children’s Yoga Committee.
She was featured in the documentary ‘Yoga For Change’ and has been a board member and keynote speaker for organisations such as the International Yoga Teacher’s Association and the Australasia Yoga Therapy Association.
Loraine has authored over 35 articles on the benefits of yoga for children and team for the Australian Yoga Journal and Australian Yoga Life Magazine. Her mission is to impact the lives of millions of children worldwide.
This workshop will be recorded.
To attend this online class you will need:
- a reliable internet connection
- the ability to join a zoom meeting