Citrus Poppyseed Buttons
Posted by Katie Brown, 28-Oct-2020
Enjoy these light and delicious biscuits from our President, Astrid Pickup – perfect for an end of class sweet treat!
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 3/4 cup plain flour
2 teaspoons poppyseeds
1 teaspoon grated rind of any citrus fruit
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 tablespoon citrus juice
- Beat margarine, sugar, rind and egg until very light in colour.
- Add flour in batches then stir in poppyseeds.
- Refrigerate covered mixture for 1/2 hour or so.
- Place balls of mixture on baking paper, flatten slightly.
- Bake in 180C over for 8-12 minutes until very lightly browned.
- When cool drizzle icing across biscuits in thin lines and allow to set.
- Dust with icing sugar to finish (optional).